The final round of the FIDE World Youth & Cadets Championship 2015 was played today in Porto Carras, Halkidiki.
The players from India dominated the event, winning as many as 11 medals, among them 5 gold. Russia and USA took 4 medals each, but none of them was gold. Iran, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, Germany, Greece, Uzbekistan and Vietnam have one gold medal each. Full list of the winners below.
Mosadeghpour Masoud cruised to the victory in the Open U18 leaving the nearest followers a full point behind. In the Girls U18 WFM Mahalakshmi M lost her game, but she already secured the gold medal with one round to spare.
One of the most dramatic sections was Open U16. After the multiple change of the leaders throughout the event Vogel Roven emerged as the winner. The local hero WIM Tsolakidou Stavroula won five games in a row to claim the gold medal in Girls U16.
Vokhidov Shamsiddin won the Open U14 on better tie-break. WFM Vaishali R was rather convincing in the Girls U14.
The Open U12 finished in a three-way tie on the first place. CM Muradli Mahammad took the gold medal on best tie-break score. Among the Girls U12 WFM Salimova Nurgyul won the medal on the better tie-break.
Both U10 sections ended in a two-way ties where the winners were to be decided on additional criteria. The Indians were the most successful – FM Praggnanandhaa R claimed the gold in Open, while Rakshitta Ravi was best among the Girls.
As was expected, Bharath Subramaniyam H won the gold in the Open U8. After the dramatic finish in the Girls U8, WCM Nguyen Le Cam Hien took the gold medal on better tie-break.
The following players have achieved title norms after the completion of the event:
WFM Kiolbasa Oliwia POL – WIM norm
WFM Harazinska Ewa POL – WIM norm
Mosadeghpour Masoud IRI – IM norm
FM Marek Matyas CZE – IM norm
FM Faizrakhmanov Ramil RUS – IM norm
Kaczur Florian HUN – IM norm
Daskalov Dimitar BUL – IM norm
Aradhya Garg IND – IM norm
1. Mosadeghpour Masoud IRI 2420 9,5
2. GM Alekseenko Kirill RUS 2539 8,5
3. IM Yuffa Daniil RUS 2485 8,5
1. WFM Mahalakshmi M IND 2019 9,0
2. WFM Varshini V IND 2105 8,5
3. WIM Blagojevic Tijana MNE 2315 8,0 (tie-break)
1. Vogel Roven GER 2417 9,0
2. FM Moroni Luca Jr ITA 2460 8,5
3. FM Martirosyan Haik M. ARM 2366 8,5 (tie-break)
1. WIM Tsolakidou Stavroula GRE 2279 9,0
2. WFM Gazikova Veronika SVK 2190 8,5
3. WIM Bykovtsev Agata USA 2117 8,0 (tie-break)
1.Vokhidov Shamsiddin UZB 2336 9,0
2. FM Esipenko Andrey RUS 2384 9,0
3. FM Gholami Aryan IRI 2400 8,5 (tie-break)
1. WFM Vaishali R IND 2314 9,5
2. WFM Sliwicka Alicja POL 2129 8,5
3. Vantika Agrawal IND 2039 8,0 (tie-break)
1. CM Muradli Mahammad AZE 2121 9,0
2. CM Nihal Sarin IND 2096 9,0
3. CM Peng David T USA 2231 9,0
1. WFM Salimova Nurgyul BUL 2144 9,5
2. Yip Carissa USA 2007 9,5
3. WCM Salonika Saina IND 1858 8,5
1. FM Praggnanandhaa R IND 2077 9,0
2. Makoveev Ilya RUS 1982 9,0
3. Wang Justin USA 2046 8,5 (tie-break)
1. Rakshitta Ravi IND 1516 9,0
2. Song Yuxin CHN 1700 9,0
3. WFM Divya Deshmukh IND 1772 8,5
1. Bharath Subramaniyam H IND 1602 9,5
2. Dev Shah IND 1521 9,0
3. Fiszer Bartosz POL 1443 8,5 (tie-break)
1. WCM Nguyen Le Cam Hien VIE 1299 9,0
2. Gaal Zsoka HUN 1534 9,0
3. Ivanova Dilyana BUL 1369 8,5 (tie-break)